European Union

Health and safety

Visitors from member states of the European Union (EU) can have access to health care services in clinics, doctor’s offices, health centres and the outpatients’ departments of the hospitals on contract with a European Health Card (EHIC) or any other legal Community document issued by their competent social security agency. You can find more information about the EHIC here.

Visitors from non EU countries must consult their social security agency for information before travelling.

If you take the usual precautions, Greece is a safe place to travel and you are more likely to suffer from heat exhaustion or sunburn than from any kind of crime.

Contact your embassy or consulate in case of an emergency:

Contact Details

Athens Development and

Destination Agency


Xenofontos 7, 105 57

Athens, Greece


+30 210 32 53 123

+30 210 52 01 611

Follow us

facebook instagram twitter youtiube

Press Inquires

Please contact:



Please read our Terms of use and Privacy Policy